Coronavirus disease (Covid-19) is an infectious disease, caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), which is now ongoing 2019-2020 global coronavirus pandemic. This virus easily spread between people with close contacts and small droplets produce during coughing, sneezing and talking. This virus can survive in surface up to 72 hours and most contagious in first three days after onset of symptoms.
Symptoms of corona virus (covid-19):
People starts developing symptoms within 1-14 days after get infect with virus. Most people (about 80 %) of people get recovery without hospitalization or any special treatment. This disease is serious and fatal in very rare cases; people with old age or with other medical conditions (such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes or asthma) are more vulnerable to develop severe symptoms. Symptoms characterized by:
- Cough (dry)
- Breathing difficulty (in severe cases)
- Body pains
- Diarrhea, Nausea or Runny nose (less common)
We can protect ourselves and our loved ones by adapting following preventing measures:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after going out, blowing nose, sneezing and coughing.
- During cough and sneeze cover your nose and mouth with tissue or flexed elbow.
- Keep social distancing, maintain distance of (1 meter to 3 feet) with sick people, and avoid hand shaking and don’t go at crowded places.
- Self-isolation and stay home if you feel unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth without washing hands.
There is no specific treatment or medication to cure Coronavirus disease (Covid-19).firstly people may need self-care if they have mild symptoms.
- Take rest and adequate sleep
- Keep yourself warm
- Stay hydrated
- Take a hot shower and steam to ease sore throat and cough
- Eat healthy and immunity boosting food
If you develop severe symptoms, please call your health provider or visit your nearby hospital.
The New Life Rehab and Psychiatric Center always care about you and your love one’s health. Please follow all the precautionary measures and instruction provided by your health care adviser.
For more information please visit Best Rehabilitation Center in Islamabad, Pakistan website: https://thenewlife.com.pk/